Advantages of sustainable building
The are many advantages which are enjoyed from various stakeholders.
- Reducing operating and maintenance costs.
- Mitigating impacts on the natural environment and climate change.
- Improving the health, well-being and productivity of the occupants.
- Efficiently and effectively managing energy, water and waste.
- Reducing all forms of pollution.
- Enhancing biodiversity.
- Protecting from forthcoming stricter legislation.
- Increasing the marketability of buildings.
- Maintaining or increasing the commercial value of buildings.
- Reducing risk for investors and developers.
- Increasing financial returns for owners.
See on the graph below how sustainable buildings can contribute towards meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) set by the United Nations.